Saturday, 1 February 2014

The Shatter Me Trilogy - Ignite Me

          God, I feel like this is Allegiant all over again. 
          
          The third and final book in the Shatter Me Trilogy, Ignite Me, is to be released on February 4th, 2014. That makes it three days from now. As part of promotion for the book, Author Tahereh Mafi has decided to unveil the first 15 chapters of the book online through Facebook, tumblr, and twitter.  
         
           I read the first book, Shatter Me, in 2011 and was instantaneously obsessed and in love with it. The fact that it too, like Allegiant, is coming to a close is heartbreaking for me, especially since Mafi's writing is beautiful.
          
          She writes as though the reader is experiencing the protagonists stream of consciousness. Her language is both poetic and heart wrenching, it is entirely unlike anything I have ever read before. Her story line is intoxicating and her characters are sound to the point where they feel like real people to me. In more then one way I have related to her through her writing, and all of which ways can be summed up in this passage from Shatter Me.

" I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.” 


          One truth about myself is that it makes me inexplicably happy to provide someone with their next favourite read; I find almost no greater reward. Please, please PLEASE read Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me Trilogy. I promise you, if you like X-Men,Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games, Veronica Roth's Divergent,and/or Lauren Oliver's Delirium, you will NOT be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment