Monday, 3 February 2014

Canadian Representation among YA fiction

          This is a short snippet of my feelings, but I feel like Canada needs a stronger and more poignant representation among the United States and other countries when it comes to major books and authors, and even publishing houses. I feel like I have so much to offer Canada has so much to offer in terms of publicity and love for YA fiction, but we let our love be figure headed by American fan bases. My dream job is to work for a Canadian publishing house in the YA genre and better establish a relationship between Canada and that of authors and publishing companies world wide. 

          * this post may also be due to my RAGE in having called every major bookstore in Ottawa today and NO ONE has even received Ignite Me yet; in some cases it has not even been ordered. It is to be released tomorrow (translating into me buying it at midnight on my Kobo.)

          At least I can rely on something Canadian to get me my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment