As you can probably tell, I have changed my URL! Previously, my blog was titled Mackenzie's YA Book Blog. I used this title the very first day I created my blog last year, most likely due to the obviousness of it, and because I straight up had no idea what else to call it. I know that I didn't want to force myself to come up with something more creative and original at that moment because I wanted the title to come to me naturally.
As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I vowed to spend more time working and writing on my blog. I know that the only way to achieve my dream of working for a publishing house is to put the extra work into the little things like this, and make myself known among the YA fiction world.
It is with this thought that I introduce the meaning behind the new URL and title of my blog, The book you want to read...
If you know me well enough, you know that this title is a part of the quote said by author Toni Morrison; "If there is a book you want to read but it has not been written, you must write it." I came across this quote a few years ago when I was in the midst of a post book depression; it was after I had finished read Graceling by Kristen Cashore, and I was frantic to know when I could next read another book by her. I came across her blog, This is my secret, and headlined under the title was the said quote.
For me, this quote represents everything I have ever felt about reading and writing alike. I frequently refer to it for inspiration when I feel like my aspirations are a little too far fetched and a too optimistic. All at once, it seemed obvious and entirely fitting to me that I use Toni Morrison's words to figurehead my blog.
My blog from this point on will be worked and changed (hopefully) on the daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment