Sunday, 26 October 2014

Reinvigorated Vigor

          It is with the greatest apprehension and the most sheepishly bowed-head that I approach my blog after months of neglect.  School and work is crazy, but an excuse that is not. 

          I missed my blog, I missed how much I enjoyed writing and being read by people, even if it by was a shy few. I come back to my blog with not a promise of writing more, but with an honest to god reinvigorated sense of self in terms of my role as a reader, and of my somewhat role as a writer.  Sometimes it takes a little push by someone you love to get your ass into gear, and for that I owe my little cousin Jack the biggest of thank yous. I didn't think many people read my blog, with the exception of my best friends and myself (not kidding) so the encouragement he has provided has been just that; greatly encouraging. 

          As a reader, one of the most inspiring and slack-jaw things that can happen to you is for you to meet your favourite author, and I happened to be blessed enough to meet three of mine.  I'll let the picture speak its acclaimed thousand words. 

Trying to get out through tears how much they mean to me, when I think all I really said was that Tahereh always has a great eyebrow game and Veronica must struggle to find shoes because she's tall like myself.

          You'll note that one of my very first blog posts was about Veronica Roth's Divergent trilogy, more specifically of her Allegiant cover reveal. That is her there in the orange, and im sure you'll notice that the beautiful woman beside her is Tahereh Mafi, author of the Shatter Me trilogy. Oh and the guy in the background looking on majestically and somewhat bemusedly, yeah, that's author Ransom Riggs, author of Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. 

          You'll also note that all three of them are NYT bestselling authors. 
 
          Do you understand why I was crying now? 

          It was without a doubt the best day of my life. In a way, it completely reaffirmed what I want to do with my life as a wannabee writer and a reader. This as well as the support from friends and family, has invoked in me a desire to be better and to be braver when it comes to my blog and when it comes to writing my own story.

          Some goals for the future and this blog consist of creating a YouTube channel, something I have no idea of how to begin. I also want to post more frequently , and I want to acquire a larger following through my posts on here and through my instagram and twitter accounts; social media is both a blessing and a curse, but I must say it makes it blessedly easy for someone like myself to connect with other readers and bloggers. For now... I leave you with my own little piece of the creators of Tris and Juliette. 



No comments:

Post a Comment